David Rigby is a founding director of Smart Coaching & Training. He developed a training practice focusing on Behavioural Preference Profiling and Signature Courses on leadership, diversity, team-building, coaching, personal branding, presentation, communication and customer service. Former UK radio presenter and lifestyle columnist for Al Arabiya News. He has Mathematics degree from London University and has worked with consultancies such as PWC.
Selected clients: Abu Dhabi Municipality | Abu Dhabi University | Middlesex University Dubai | Skills International Kuwait | Google | ArRiyadh Development Authority | DEWA | ADNOC | Aramco | Kuwait Petroleum | National Electronic Security Authority | Rolaco Jeddah KSA | GlobalFocus Kenya | Baker Tilly Kuwait | Leoron Ghana | Lloyds Bank UK| UK Stock Exchange | Citibank US | ABN AMRO Hong Kong | Nynex US | Volkswagen FS | BT | Danish Stock Exchange | Ernst & Young | Telecom Italia | Shell | Serco.
Keynote: Developing Employess In A Digital Age
- 75% of long-term job success depends upon soft skills only 25% on technical skills. Emotional intelligence is twice as important as technical and cognitive ability in distinguishing top performers from average ones. Focusing on what needs to be developed, and what you might do about it.
- Communication – exploiting your and others’ behavioural communication preferences. Many millennials who would rather die that talk to someone. Build confidence to listen to, build rapport and listen to others.
- Team work- the ability to work in teams and self organised groups and leading by persuasion, being able to support each other, delivering by results not ego.
- Presentation Skills – Public speaking in front of an audience, making stills and video for social media, is scary. Constructing presentations and delivering in an engaging way using story telling.
- Change and adaptability – At the core of adaptability is being flexible and embracing constant change. Managing change. Overcoming fear of failure. Being allowed to make mistakes.